How to Care for Your Lashes
BEFORE your Lash Extensions
- Prior to arriving at your appointment, it is important that you thoroughly remove all make up you may have on your eyes, this includes mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow and foundation. If not properly removed, the bonding agent may mix with the makeup residue, making it nearly impossible to apply lashes successfully and decrease their longevity.
- Contact lenses cannot be worn during the treatment, as your eyes are closed the entire time. It is advisable that you bring with you your contact lens case so that you may store them while your treatment goes on.
- Do not curl your lashes.
- We suggest that you reschedule to get eyelash extensions if you have conjunctivitis, sty, itchiness, redness, swelling or a rash in or around your eyes. We also recommend customers who have a cold or a going through seasonal allergies to reschedule the eyelash extension procedure.
AFTER care instructions
To maintain your eyelash extensions’ length and beauty, please follow these tips:
- Avoid getting your lash extensions wet for 24 hours.
- Avoid hot tubs, saunas & swimming for 48 hours.
- Avoid waterproof mascara.
- Wearing mascara regularly will decrease the time between touch-up appointments.
- Use only oil-free eye makeup and eye makeup removers.
- Do not rub, pick, twist or pull lashes or lash extensions.
- Do not sleep face down.
- Never put your lashes in the direct stream of your shower head as this will damage the lash extensions.
- Do not use mechanical eyelash curler.
- Be gentle with your lashes.
- Your care for your lash extensions will directly affect the look of your lashes as well as the length of time between touch-up appointments.
- Depending on your own natural eyelash growth cycle and how well you follow these after care instructions, you will need a touch up approximately every 2 weeks.