PREP AND CARE FOR YOUR SPRAY TAN
BEFORE YOUR SPRAY TAN
- Request a patch test 24hrs before tan if you have sensitive skin.
- The day of the spray tan shower, shave and exfoliate, paying particular attention to knees, elbows and any other dry areas.
- Do not moisturize or use skin oils on the day of your tan.
- Remove makeup, deodorant, lotions and perfume as all of these can act as a barrier.
- Paint nails and toenails, especially if they are acrylics or similar.
- Wear dark loose-fitting clothing and flip flops or loose shoes as tight clothing will cause the tan to rub off during the developing stage.
- Bring an old bathing suit, or generic underwear to your appointment, as guide tan color will rub off on these garments.
- Refrain from eyelash/eyebrow tinting as it may react with the tanning solution.
- It is advisable to remove contact lenses before the tan as they may become stained or contaminated.
- If you want to spray tan for any special occasion, we recommend to schedule your appointment 2 days prior to your event.
- Follow technician’s directions and be mindful to keep inner side of legs apart and inner arm from touching torso. If your arms and thighs touch this can create friction which could cause "holes," in your tan and result in an uneven color.
- Hold your arms and hands out from body but make sure there no closer to spray nozzle then your body or it will result in dark blotchy knuckles even with barrier cream.
- After your spray tan session allow the solution to air dry for a minimum of 10 minutes. Once you have done this then you can step into a robe and sit and enjoy a cool beverage and read a magazine at the salon for 20 more minutes.
- Please wait anywhere from 8 to 24 hours before showering, sweating, or getting wet after a spray tan. The solution can take up to 4 hours to really start developing and continues to develop up to 24 hours.
- During your first shower avoid using hot water, exfoliating and shaving if possible. Use minimal Sulfate-free body wash- not bar soap- Moisturize daily with an all natural 24 hour moisturizer and tan extender to help prolong the life of your spray.
- Depending on your skin type, daily activities and post-tan maintenance, spray tan generally last 5-7 days.